Fun with Nature
Earth Day Games & Quizzes
Fun with Nature
Puzzles & Riddles
Virtual Worlds & Creative Fun
Reading & Writing Fun
Fun for Girls
Fun for Boys
of Puzzles here!
Great Puzzles if you love Jigsaws!
Want to be a Library Helper
Check out some of our favorite authors!
Shelver Beware --- Try these if you DARE!!!!!
Using the Internet
Rule 1 - Be
Rule 2 - Be
Rule 3 - Be
Learn everything else you need to know by taking this tutorial and earning your Order of the Dragon Certificate!
- I may use the Internet ONLY IF I have returned the Internet Acceptable Use Policy to my teacher.
- I may use the Lab computers when my teacher sends me with a note to Ms. McIntyre or when I am with my class.
Helps you plan
and then do your project or report!
1. Plan -
- What am I supposed to do?
- What do I need to do it?
- What am I supposed to turn in when I am finished?
2. Do -
- What do I need to do this job?
- How will I
find out what I need to know to do this job?
- What am I
going to make to show what I learned?
3. Review -
- Did I do what my teacher asked me to do?
- Do I feel good about what I have done?
- Do I need to do anything else to it before I turn it
Big6 3rd-4th Grade
Helps you plan and do your project!
1. What needs to be done? What did the teacher as me to do?
2. What resources do I need to use?
3. Where will I find these resources?
4. What can I
use from these resources?
Treasure!!? Taking good notes and asking good
5. What can I make to finish the job and show what I know?
6. Did I do what I set out to do? Am I proud of my work?
to choose a book
Is it too hard?
The 5 finger test is an easy way to find out if a book is too hard. Read any page in the
book. Each time you don't know a word, hold up one finger. If you have five fingers up by the end of the page - the book is too hard.
You can also use you AR level to help select a book that is on the right reading level for you. Once you find books that you can read
you must select those that you WANT to read!
Am I interested in this story?
To do this read what the publisher has placed on the book jacket to tell you a bit about
the story. Finally, if you start the book and don't like it -- DON'T
READ THE BOOK.
Now that I can read -- I want to read REAL BOOKS!
Check out these neat Music GAMES
Cam Jansen, a young
detective, uses her photographic memory to solve mysteries.
Like Mysteries? These
are great fun
Minnie and Moo have
many great adventures! Always humorous!!
Adventures of the
Bailey School Kids -- third graders face fantastic adventures in the
small town of Bailey City.
Pinky and Rex are best
friends who have many escapades together.
Osborne, Mary Pope
The Magic Tree House
transports a brother and sister to other times where they have
adventures in places like medieval castles, Africa and Viking ships
Amelia Bedelia is a
housekeeper with some very funny experiences!
Junie B. Jones starts
out as a kindergartner who lives according to her own rules.
Mr. Putter and Tabby,
his cat, have many adventures.
Henry and Mudge, a boy
and his dog have all kinds of adventures together!
Poppleton the pig has
many adventures with his friends.
Nate the Great is on
the case in these classic stories about a young detective.
Commander Toad and the
crew of the Star Warts explore the galaxy.